Flanders commemorates the First World War
As an umbrella project, the Great War Centenary project bundles together a great diversity of projects and events. This large provision is created in cooperation with many different partners.
- Cultuurnet Vlaanderen offers practical information for the public website and the agenda.
- The Vlaams Vredesinstituut (Flemish Peace Institute) delivers an important scientific contribution.
The most active partners within the Flemish administration include:
- Toerisme Vlaanderen (Tourism Flanders-Brussels), which focuses on international marketing;
- Agentschap Onroerend Erfgoed (Flanders Heritage Agency), which concentrates on the recognition and protection of WWI heritage;
- Department of Education, through the Canon Cultuurcel and the Bijzonder Comité voor Herinneringseducatie (Special Committee for Remembrance Education);
- FARO, that gives information and support to the cultural heritage sector.
Other levels of government are closely involved in the project as well:
- federal government
- Wallonia and the Federation Wallonia-Brussels (FR)
- Province of West Flanders 100 jaar Groote Oorlog in de Westhoek
- Province of Antwerp Wereldoorlog I in de provincie Antwerpen
- Province of Limburg Limburg 1914-1918
- Province of Flemish Brabant
- Province of East Flanders